Title: Associate Director, Corporate Engagement (Pleasant Hill, CA)
Office: Bay Area, CA
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Career Stage: Associate Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Do you have a proven ability to help customers solve their business challenges in the area of workforce management, human capital, and/or talent acquisition? Do you have a passion for creating opportunities for urban young adults? Year Up is seeking an Associate Director, Corporate Engagement (Pleasant Hill, CA) to connect with top corporations in need of entry level talent managing an existing portfolio of partner relationships as well as building a book of business from target accounts. Reporting to the Deputy Sales Director , the Associate Director, Corporate Engagement (Pleasant Hill, CA) will facilitate day-to-day interactions between Year Up interns and corporate partners to create mutually beneficial business relationships as well as responsibility for renewals, ongoing partner retention and satisfaction.
As part of the Corporate Engagement team, you will help to connect top corporations in need of mid-level and entry level talent with high-potential urban young adults. This position will have tangible targets in achieving new client acquisition, pipeline development, and renewal/expansion/retention goals. This role will also manage partner issues to resolution and ensure high levels of partner satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you will need to immediately build rapport with prospects and current partners, developing a deep understanding of their business needs. You will bring a high level of confidence working with top level executives and business unit leadership demonstrating outstanding professionalism and added value. An ideal candidate will bring demonstrated sales experience in a mission-driven social enterprise, exhibiting flexibility, strong communication skills, and the ability to interact fluidly with a variety of audiences.
The Associate Director, Corporate Engagement (Pleasant Hill, CA) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate; participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
Corporate Sales and Partner Relations
* Manage high volume activity successfully meeting revenue and internship seat goals and national alumni hiring targets by generating a scalable corporate partner pipeline and developing a sales strategy that will secure internships in volume
* Build a diversified and balanced portfolio that represents a range of vertical targets and seats covering all product tracks offered in that city
* Responsible for 95%+ renewal rate of internship seats and national alumni hiring goals of at least 45% + conversion
* Ensure 100% customer satisfaction with Year Up service based on corporate surveys aiming for a 95% survey response rate
* Manage all aspects of corporate partner communications strategies and provide responsive and high-quality customer service
* Expand multi-year commitments within existing partner base
* Work with program staff and corporate partners to collect requirements and feedback that allow for continuous improvement of our curriculum and business model, ensuring that participants are well-prepared for success in the workplace and in pursuit of higher education goals both as Year Up interns and alumni
* Coordinate with accounts to strategically match students, train managers, conduct site visits and execute corporate partner panels
* In a collaborative environment, provide coaching and support to team members to ensure internship seats and revenue goals are met
* Display a willingness to “get things done” while cultivating and sustaining a trusting and nurturing environment for staff and key stakeholders
* Initiate processes that establish high service operating practices to strengthen the internship program
* Develop methods for expanding manager training and preparation to better support successful internship experiences
* Schedule meetings, and conducting corporate site visits to support interns
* Prepare and deliver effective presentations to connect with and educate potential partners
* Maintain partner and intern data on Salesforce.com ensuring complete and accurate reporting
* Managing performance issues and coordinating communication to managers
* Troubleshoot and escalate issues and opportunities in internship performance as appropriate
* Implement and manage intern support resources by working closely with the Program team
Internship Event Execution
* Identify opportunities for specific engagement activities that meet the goals of the client
* Work as part of a team to coordinate graduation attendance from managers at corporate partners
* Coordinate with accounts to host corporate partner panels
Site Team/Learning Community Member
* Active participant in site related and other national support activities, as required
* 4+ years’ experience in account management in a services based environment with 2-3 years of experience in consultative solution sales strongly preferred
* 2-3 years’ experience working with C-Suite clients preferred
* Demonstrated ability to generate leads, build and manage partner (sales) pipelines, close business and renew accounts
* Documented strength in meaningful relationship building, management and growthA professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
* Able to collaborate across teams to support students and resolve issues; high comfort level in having one-on-one coaching conversations with students to provide professional guidance
* Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of direction
* Ability to plan, introduce and lead processes that enable high quality growth
* Strong facilitation skills and ability to deliver impactful presentations
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; Salesforce.com experience preferred
* Commitment to ongoing professional development and participation in various Year Up sponsored sales training courses
* A passion for working with urban young adults and an unshakable belief in their potential
* A strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
* An understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
* Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
* Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
* Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
* Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning, national 501(c)3 organization that enables motivated young adults, ages 18-24, to move from minimum wage to meaningful careers in just one year, by providing the skills, experience, and support they need to reach their full potential. Through a one-year, intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high expectations, high support model where students spend the first six months learning in-demand technical and professional skills, focusing on one of five career pathways, before applying their skills during a six-month corporate internship with a top company. Throughout the program, students earn an educational stipend, and complete coursework eligible for college credits.
Year Up has served more than 24,000 young adults since its founding in 2000, and will serve more than 4,700 young adults in 2019 nationwide. Year Up currently serves 25 U.S. cities across 18 markets, including Arizona, Baltimore, Bay Area, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Puget Sound, Rhode Island, South Florida, Tampa Bay, and Wilmington. 90% of Year Up graduates are employed and/or enrolled in postsecondary education within four months of program completion and employed graduates earn an average starting salary of $40,000 per year.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times for eight consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.