Are you passionate about community and social justice missions?
Do you have at least 3 years of experience managing the fundraising efforts for an organization?
Do you work well on a passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Resource Development Manager for a Community-Based Organization. The position is based in Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Based Organization
POSITION TITLE: Resource Development Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Resource Development Manager plans, directs and carries-out the overall fundraising efforts for the organization, including foundation and corporation giving and individual donor program efforts, as well as assists in program planning and communication strategies of the organization, working closely with the Vice President of Administration and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Organization is seeking a hardworking team player, who takes initiative, has strong integrity, and is passionate about their mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Experience working with donor data management software preferred.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
· Must possess excellent communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills.
· Able to work well under pressure.
· Willing to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Write and submit proposals and reports to existing and new funders, and following up on pending proposals, following-up on pending proposals, coordinating funder site visits,
· Coordinate and carry out foundation and corporation giving program, including grant writing, report preparation, funder site visits, donation acknowledgement and funder relations.
· Reporting fundraising activities to Board.
· Coordinate and carry out individual donor giving program.
· Implement new and creative strategies for solicitation and cultivation of individual donors, major gifts, planned giving, and bequests.
· Coordinate, oversee and carry out small and local business donor program.
· Act as a resource, support, and manage fundraising related efforts by other departments in the organization.
· Manage and oversee fundraising special events, such as a Gala or other organizational fundraising events.
· Maintain a comprehensive annual resource development plan and ensure targets are met in accordance with the organization’s fundraising budge goals as set in conjunction with the CEO and Accounting Director.
· Engage in program development as necessary.
· Actively support communications efforts including writing and developing the organizational newsletter, the annual report, public relations efforts and social media outreach in coordination with the Communications Manager and the CEO.
· Staff and provide support the Stewardship committee of the Boards of Directors.
· Oversee, maintain, and ensure paper and electronic record keeping and document archive systems related to resource development and stewardship efforts.
· Act as a member of the general administrative team to ensure the overall effective operation of general administration and plan, coordinate, and carry out the Annual Staff, Board and Leader Retreat, as well as the Annual Membership Meeting.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and writing sample to email@example.com with “Resource Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
About Careers In Nonprofits
Careers In Nonprofits is built on the idea that great people want to work with great causes. There are many talented candidates who have a passion for working with nonprofits but not many resources focused on nonprofit careers. We connect the best people with the best causes. Our team of nonprofit career professionals has years of experience matching candidates with nonprofit organizations. Serving Chicago and Washington, DC, we have extensive networks of connections and strategic partnerships with nonprofit organizations.