Marillac St. Vincent Family Services strengthens, empowers, and gives voice to those in need – in the Vincentian spirit of service - through education and comprehensive programs to build vibrant communities in Chicago. MSV has been providing high quality social services to the communities of Chicago since 1914.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Services Manager is responsible for managing gift processing and thank you letters; managing the data-oriented tasks including but not limited to data/gift entry and thank you processing, reporting and pulling lists, and data cleanup of The Raiser's Edge database; prospect research; and acting as the primary liaison between the Finance and Development departments. As the main processor of gift activity the Development Services Manager is the key link between donors and development staff. As such he/she will assist in the creation and execution of donor engagement events and may hold a portfolio of individual donors for stewardship and solicitation. The Development Services Manager will also be responsible for various development administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to: agency special events, mailings, Santa Mike mailings and events, and help with stewardship of individual donors, especially donors under $1000.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manage Donor Database• Maintain accurate, comprehensive and current donor information within the development database, maintain accurate donor lists, update all records with current relationship links, add notes and contacts, and ensure all personal information is kept up-to-date.
2. Administer all gift entries in a timely and accurate manner, tracking cash, pledges, in-kind gifts, pro bono service, soft credit gifts, memorials, honorariums and split gift entries.
3. Administer all monthly and annual donor and database reconciliation between Development Department and Accounting Office.
4. Compose and process daily gift acknowledgments within 48 hours of gift receipt.
5. Make development staff aware of new donors or changes in donor activity or gift level.
6. Run reports based on specific criteria requests from other development staff
7. Prospect Research • Assist with our Major Gifts program by regularly preparing prospect research reports using iWave, Raisers Edge, Google, LinkedIn and Forefront Library
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Database experience required; donor database Raisers Edge experience strongly preferred.
About Marillac St. Vincent
Marillac St. Vincent Family Services strengthens, empowers, and gives voice to those in need – in the Vincentian spirit of service - through education and comprehensive programs to build vibrant communities in Chicago.